Join our team
Labour of Love has been a fixture in Cabbagetown since 2010. Our focus is to provide a place where we cultivate engaging interactions, and where everyone can truly experience our product selection. It has since evolved into a multifunctional space: beside retail we also offer our space for events, workshops, popups, food & beverage demos - collaborating with artists, and cross-promoting with local, independent businesses. Here our visitors can touch, taste, smell and learn about what the artists and makers have to offer.
Full-time Office Administrator
We are looking for a full-time office administrator to start immediately. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, well-organized, with a fierce work ethic and the ambition to grow and learn over time.
- Starting Wage: $20 hourly
- Approximately 30 to 40 hours / week
- Bimonthly pay
- Be well-organized
- Demonstrate dependability in the workplace
- Be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess great attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Support local independent businesses
- Be proficient in Mac Microsoft programs with an emphasis on Excel
- Have experience in inventory management
- Have experience with filing, dealing with large amounts of data
- Understand and practice our fragrance free policy
- Knowledge of Shopify and Stocky software
- Knowledge of basic accounting software
- Previous work experience with the same or similar role
- Knowledge of environmental education
- Writing and journaling
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Inventory management including counts and database maintenance
- Data entry, filing, and report generation
- Correspondence with artists, makers and suppliers
- Label and organize stock
- Answering phone calls and customer service
- Office areas and shared common areas upkeep
- Enjoy our workspace while getting the job done
If you can see yourself in this description, then we want to hear from you! Please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Let’s work, create and play together!”, and tell us about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications: Ongoing
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we are only able to correspond with selected candidates.