The Art of Plant-Based Cheesemaking
Learn the craft of making authentic, delicious non-dairy cheese from acknowledged master plant-based cheesemaker Karen McAthy. Comprehensively updated and expanded, the second edition of the "plant-based cheesemaking bible" takes vegan cheesemaking to a new level.
Containing over 150 full color photos and enhanced step-by-step instructions, coverage and new information includes:
- Eight new cheesemaking recipes plus dozens more from beginner to pro
- New coverage of "mixed method" fast-firming cultured cheeses
- Going beyond nuts and seeds and using legumes for cheesemaking
- Dairy-free cultured butter, coconut milk yogurt, oat and cashew milk yogurt, and sour cream
- Growing plant-based cultures, including rejuvelac, sprouting, fermentation, kefir, and probiotic capsules
- Lactic acid fermentation and how to use it in cheesemaking
- Expanded coverage of flavors, aging, rind curing and smoking, and working with white and blue molds
- New recipe section for cooking with dairy-free cheeses including Coeur a la Creme, Buttermilk Fried Tempeh and more.
The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking, Second Edition is a must-have for aspiring DIY non-dairy cheesemakers, vegans, and serious foodies alike. The texture, the sharpness, the taste; you will be proud to serve up your creations.
Created by Karen McAthy
10 x 0.88 x 8"
We offer curbside pick ups Tuesday through Saturdays 11am to 6pm.
You will see a 'Local Pick Up' option at check out. Please include your phone number if you select this option.
Allow up to 2 business days from the time of purchase. We will notify you once your order is packed and ready for pick up by phone and email. Please have your “Order Number" ready for verification at pick up. We have a doorbell just above the front door handle for you to notify us of your arrival. You can contact us if you have any other questions.
- - - -
Shipping fees depend on the size and weight of your order and its destination. Please refer to our check out page for up to date details. Large items shipped internationally may be subject to additional shipping fees.
All our orders are shipped with Canada Post. We will provide you with a tracking number in your order confirmation email where available.
Need express shipping? Please contact us and we will send you a quote.